Welcome to the interactive timeline of Lion Group milestones!
Travel through time by clicking on the years of the timeline or the slider below.
- Parkson Retail Group announced the official appointment of National Shuttler, Dato’ Lee Chong Wei as its Brand Ambassador at a special event in Parkson Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur on 6 October 2016.
- Grand opening of #1 Fast Fashion Shoe Brand from South Korea, SHOOPEN was held on 1 October 2016.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation awarded scholarships to 9 deserving students on 22 August 2016.
- Indonesia Retail Division, PT Tozy Sentosa moved to its new office on 25 July 2016.
- About 1,500 dealers and guests attended Hi-Rev’s Family Day on 26 June 2016, which also saw the launch of torque Superbike Oil, specially formulated for big bikers market.
- SHOOPEN store in Fahrenheit 88 was opened on 25 June 2016.
- Parkson opened its first Shoes Gallery by Parkson in Avenue K on 24 June 2016, while the second store was opened at Fahrenheit 88 on 25 June 2016.
- A briefing session for shortlisted candidates of the Lion–Parkson Foundation scholarships was held on 25 June 2016.
- Lionmall Qingdao, the first shopping mall in China by Parkson Group held its grand opening on 18 June 2016.
- Lionmall Qingdao opened its doors to the public on 28 April 2016.
- Parkson Edutainment World, a joint-venture between Parkson Retail Asia Limited and Studio Kingdoms Network Sdn Bhd launched its inaugural international learning centre, Royale Unicorn Education in Parkson Maju Junction Shopping Mall on 25 April 2016.
- Parkson Credit was accredited with the ISO 9001:2008 Certification of Quality Management for the provision of credit financing services on 11 April 2016.
Parkson Saigon Tourist Plaza was named one of the Top 5 Shopping Destinations in Ho Chi Minh City by the Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Fair on 26 March 2016.
- Parkson Credit Sdn Bhd organised its 1st Anniversary Celebration Dinner on 5 March 2016.
- The annual Senior Managers’ Meeting was held on 4 February 2016.
- Grand launch of Parkson Maju Junction Shopping Mall was held on 19 January 2016.
- Parkson Newcore Citymall in Shanghai, China was officially opened on 15 January 2016.
- Lion-Parkson Tsinghua Calligraphy Competition 2016 by Lion-Parkson Foundation, Tsinghua University from Beijing, China and University Tuanku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) was held at UTAR on 10 January 2016.
- Parkson Hartono Mall, the third Parkson store in Indonesia was opened on 26 December 2015.
- Parkson Newcore City Mall in China, the first mall collaboration between Parkson Retail Group and E-Land Group was opened on 19 December 2015.
- Parkson opened South Korea’s hottest fast fashion brands – SPAO, MIXXO and WHO.A.U’s first store in Malaysia on 11 December 2015.
- The second Lion Parkson Run to raise funds to build Phases 2 and 3 for Home for Handicapped & Mentally Disabled in Banting was held on 15 November 2015.
- The 12th Centro department store, Centro Manado Town Square was opened on 6
- Hi-Rev received Mercedes Benz approval to be in compliance with their specifications for cars and assemblies.
- Parkson Malaysia and Parkson Vietnam received awards at the Asia-Pacific Top 500 Awards held in conjunction with the 17th Asia Pacific Retailers Convention and Exhibition in Manila from 28-30 October 2015.
- Parkson Aman Central, the 44th store in Malaysia was launched on 1 October 2015.
- Parkson Corporation and Lion-Parkson Fundation held a press conference on 24 September 2015 to launch Lion Parkson Run 2015.
- Parkson KLCC relaunched its new fresh look on 21 September 2015.
- Parkson China signed a joint venture agreement with South Korea’s E-Land Group on 7 August 2015 to establish the first City Lifestyle Mall which will leverage on the combined merchandising strengths of Parkson and E-Land to create and deliver a fresh concept bringing a unique lifestyle shopping experience to consumers in China.
- THE CLASS by Parkson Branding opened its first standalone store in Mid Valley Megamall on 4 July
2015, officiated by popular K-Pop Group from South Korea, CNBLUE.
- Maju Junction, the first mall under Parkson Corporation Sdn Bhd opened its doors on 1 July
- For the second consecutive year, Centro Department Store was awarded the Golden Service Quality Award for department store category by Carre-Center for Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty (Carre CCSL) and Service Excellence magazine.
- Qingdao MixC Parkson, the second Parkson store in Qingdao was opened on 29 May 2015.
- Beijing Changyin Parkson was opened on 21 March 2015.
- Shanghai Lion Food & Beverage Management Co. Ltd, a subsidiary under Parkson China signed a JV agreement with Johnny Rockets, Quiznos Sub, Franco and The Library Coffee Bar on 19 April 2015.
- Harbin Taipingqiao was opened on 14 February 2015.
- Quiznos@Summerton Bayan Indah, the first Quiznos outlet outside the Klang Valley was opened on 1 February 2015.
- Parkson Vinh Trung Plaza B in Danang, Vietnam was opened on 11 January 2015
- Parkson’s 41st store in Malaysia was officially opened in Perda City Mall in Bukit Mertajam, Penang on 29 January 2015.
- Johnny Rockets opened its flagship outlet in Sunway Pyramid on 4 November 2014.
- CeDR Corporate Consulting Sdn Bhd was awarded the Human Resources Minister Award under the Best Employer -SME (Service) category, organised by Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad under the Minsitry of Human Resources on 12 December 2014.
- Parkson Pavilion was announced the Overall Retail Outlet and the Best Department Store at the Malaysia Retailers Association (MRA) Service and Courtesy Excellence Awards presentation ceremony on 28 November 2014.
- Parkson Mianyang Metropolis, the second store in Mianyang, Sichuan Province, China was opened on 30 December 2014.
- Parkson Nanchang Greenland in Nanchang, Jianxi Province was opened on 21 December 2014
- Parkson IOI City Mall Putrajaya, the second Parkson store in Putrajaya and its 40th store in Malaysia was opened on 20 November 2014.
- Parkson Credit Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Parkson Holdings Berhad has commenced business operations in the consumer financing business which provides customers the convenience of purchasing products namely motorcycles and household appliances via easy payment instalments.
- Centro Department Store won the Bronze Champion of Indonesia WOW Brand Award 2014 for department store category, organised by Markplus Insight and Marketeers.
- AUM Hospitality Sdn Bhd (AUMH), the F&B arm of Parkson Holdings Berhad opened its second franchise sandwich restaurant, Quiznos Sub at 1 Utama Shopping Complex on 28 October 2014.
- The Malaysian Products and Culture Festival jointly organised by Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE), Tourism Malaysia, Malaysia Education Section and Embassy of Malaysia in Beijing and Parkson China was held at Parkson Beijing store from 24 to 30 September 2014.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation and Lee Chong Wei Foundation organised Lion Parkson Run 2014 on 14 September 2014 to raise funds for the Home for Handicapped & Mentally Disabled Children in Banting.
- Parkson opened two new stores, Parkson Zhengzhou MixC and Parkson Chongqing MixC in China on 29 August 2014 and 19 September 2014 respectively.
- For the 24th year running, Lion-Parkson Foundation awarded scholarships totalling
RM480,000 to 12 students based on their academic performance, extracurricular
activities and leadership qualities on 22 August 2014.
- Parkson Holdings Berhad signed three joint-venture agreements to acquire equity
interest in Valino International Apparel Sdn Bhd, Giftmate Sdn Bhd and AUM Hospitality Sdn Bhd on 10 July 2014.
- The grand opening of Parkson Huaihai in Shanghai was held on 18 July 2014 after being closed in May 2013 for an overall renovation and reopened in September 2013.
- Parkson Zhongshan, the second Parkson store in Guangdong Province in China was opened on 14 May 2014.
- The first store under Parkson brand name in Jakarta was opened at Lippo Mall Puri, St Moritz in the heart of West Jakarta’s Central Business District on 27 June 2014.
- The 2014 CNY Calligraphy Charity Sale in aid of needy students in six independent schools in Klang Valley had successfully raised RM192,163.64.
- Parkson Nu Sentral the 39th Parkson store in Malaysia was opened on 29 March 2014.
- Centro By Parkson, the Group's 12th department store in Indonesia was opened at Bintaro Xchange Mall in Tangerang on 11 December 2013.
- Parkson Cantavil, the 9th Parkson Store in Vietnam was opened in 20 December 2013 at Cantavil Premier Complex Building in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Parkson Nanchang Hengmao located in Nanchang City in Jiangxi Province, China was opened on 20 December 2013.
- Parkson Centre Point, the first store under the 'Parkson' brand in Indonesia was opened on 28 November 2013.
- D’Venice Residence by Changshu Lion launched its latest phase, the Rome
Garden on 20 October 2013 in Changshu, Jiangsu Province in China.
- Parkson Baoding in Hebei Province, China was opened on 20 September 2013.
- Panzhihua Parkson, the first international shopping mall in Panzhihua city in Sichuan Province was opened on 29 July 2013.
- Datong Parkson in Shanxi Province, China was opened on 12 July 2013.
- On 22 July 2013, for the 23rd year running, Lion-Parkson Foundation (LPF) awarded scholarships totalling RM560,000 to 14 outstanding students based on their academic performance, extra-curricular activities and leadership qualities to pursue their first degree in local universities.
- Chongqing Fortune Mall Parkson, the 4th Parkson store in Chongqing, China was opened on 13 May 2013.
- Parkson FMI Yangon, the very first Parkson department store in Myanmar was opened on 11 May 2013.
- Parkson China contributed a total of RMB 5 million comprising RMB 3.5 million cash to China Charity Federation and essential supplies worth RMB 1.5 million to victims of earthquake in Lushan on 28 April 2013.
- Group Executive Chairman, Tan Sri William Cheng was conferred the Darjah Kebesaran Seri Utama Mahkota Wilayah (SUMW) award which carries the title of `Datuk Seri Utama' by DYMM Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah in conjunction with Federal Territory Day on 1 February 2013.
- Hefei Tian'ehu Parkson, the third Parkson store in Hefei was opened on 18 January 2013.
- The 4th Chinese New Year Calligraphy Exhibition cum Charity Sale to raise funds for needy students in four independent schools in Kuala Lumpur was launched on 25 January 2013 by Lion-Parkson Foundation Chairman, Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng; wife of the High Commissioner of the Republic of Singapore to Malaysia, Mrs Irene Ong and the wife of the High Commissioner of India to Malaysia, Madam Vandana Gokhale.
- Centro received the Excellent Service Experience Award 2013 for the Department Store category by Carre Center for Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty (Carre CCSL) in collaboration with Bisnis Indonesia, the leading business newspaper in Indonesia.
- Parkson Retail Asia Limited acquired 41.82% stake in Sri Lanka's leading fashion retailer, Odel PLC on 26 July 2012.
- The Home for Handicapped & Mentally Disabled Children built by Lion-Parkson Foundation in Banting was officially opened by National Shuttler, Dato’ Lee Chong Wei and Foundation Chairman, Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng on 4 November 2012.
- Centro Solo Paragon Mall store, the 8th Centro store in Indonesia was officially launched on 1 November 2012.
- Parkson Corporation Sdn Bhd celebrated its Silver Jubilee with a gala dinner on 22 October 2012, graced by YAB Prime Minister, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak and his wife, YABhg Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.
- Nanning MixC Parkson, 53rd Parkson store in China was opened on 16 September 2012.
- Changshu Lion handed over 195 units of its Phase 1C- Paris Precinct four months ahead of its scheduled completion date of 30 December 2012.
- Amsteel Mills Banting upgraded its Danieli BGV block to SMS-Meer Fast Finish block,with the first bundle of wire produced on 24 August 2012.
- On 18 July 2012, for 22nd year running, Lion-Parkson Foundation awarded scholarships worth RM390,000 to 12 undergraduates.
- Taiyuan Changfeng Parkson, the second Parkson store in Shanxi Province was opened on 30 May 2012.
- On 30 May 2012, Parkson Group signed a leasing agreement with Lippo (Karawaci) Group for a retail area in The St Moritz mall which will be opened in September 2013 in Jakarta, Indonesia
- On 15 May 2012, our Group signed a MoU with the Youth Skills Development Division, an agency under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for collaboration with the various Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara nationwide especially in the technical field.
- Parkson China signed a tenancy contract with Qinghai XinQian Group, owner and developer of Xinqian Plaza in Xining, Qinghai Province for the rental of five level of retail space totalling 36,000 square metres.
- Jinan Parkson, the third store in the region of Shandong, China was opened for business on 29 April 2012.
- KL Festival City, located in Setapak Kuala Lumpur was officially opened on 9 March 2012.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation contributed RM20,000 to 1Malaysia Grand Charity Concert which was organised on 14 February 2012 to raise funds to help the underprivileged.
- Parkson Pavilion emerged ‘Overall Best Retail Outlet’ and “Overall Best Department Store” for Year 2011/12 organised by the Malaysian Retailers Association.
- 1st Avenue Mall, a joint venture project between Lion Group with the Belleview Group and Asia Retail Market II Limited, a subsidiary of Pramerica Real Estate Investors (Asia) Pte Ltd was officially opened by Chief Minister of Penang, YAB Tuan Lim Guan Eng on 10 January 2012.
- Parkson Zigong, China officially opened on 24 January 2011.
- Changshu Lion completed D'Venice Residence Phase 1A: Athens Precinct comprising 252 units walk-up apartments, two months ahead of the SPA Completion Date of 30 March 2011.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation organized Chinese New Year Calligraphy Charity Sale for the second year running and raised RM200,000 in aid of needy students in four independent schools.
- Parkson Yueyang upgrades to bigger premises in Light Macro Commercial Plaza along Desheng North Road on 16 April 2011.
- Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club was voted 7th Best Golf Course in Peninsular Malaysia in the Golf Malaysia Course Poll 2008-2010 by Golf Malaysia Magazine.
- Parkson China collaborated with Tsinghua University of Beijing in sponsoring the first Parkson-Tsinghua Journal Research Paper Award on "History of Twentieth Century China and Overcoming The Earthquake Era".
- Lion-Parkson Foundation contributed RM1 million to the Socio-Economic Research Centre established by the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Malaysia.
- The Group participated in the Malaysian Career & Training Fair (MCTF) held at Mid Valley Mall from 15 - 17 April 2011.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation organized a motivational seminar on 20 June 2011 for students shortlisted for its scholarship and educational loan awards for the new academic year.
- For the 21st year running, Lion-Parkson Foundation awarded scholarships and educational loans to deserving students pursuing tertiary education in the local universities.
- Tianshan Parkson, the fourth Parkson store in Shanghai opened for business on 5 August 2011.
- Ototek Sdn Bhd received Boon Siew Honda's 'Best JIT Delivery 2010' award for supplying IRC tyres and tubes to the Honda assembly plant in Prai, Pulau Pinang.
- Parkson opened its 37th store in Malaysia at KL Festival City Mall in Kuala Lumpur on 20 October 2011. KL Festival City is a new shopping complex owned and managed by Parkson Holdings Berhad.
- Parkson Nanning Xinan Shangdu, the second Parkson store in Guangxi region was opened on 30 October 2011, making it the 48th Parkson store in China.
- Parkson Retail Asia Limited (PRA) was listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) on 3 November 2011.
- Lion-Parkson Foundation and Parkson Corporation held the launching of Parkson Cares Educare officiated by Deputy Minister of Education, Datuk Seri Wee Ka Siong on 26 November 2011. The handover ceremony of the collection of school necessities from Parkson stores nationwide to Educare Chairman, Venerable Siri Wimala for distribution to needy school children was held at KL Festival City Mall in Setapak, Kuala Lumpur on 17 December 2011.
- The newly furbished Parkson Sibu in Sarawak was reopened for business on 1 December 2011.
- Parkson Landmark 72, the second Parkson store in Hanoi, Vietnam was opened on 2 December 2011, making it the eighth store in Vietnam.
- Parkson Kunshan in Suzhou, the 49th Parkson store in China was opened on 5 November 2011.
- Parkson Changzhou City Center in the Province of Jiangsu was opened on 24 December 2011, while Parkson Zhanjiakou located in the Hebei Province and Parkson Parkson Liupanshui in Guizhou were opened on 30 December and 31 December 2011 respectively.
- Parkson Pavillion received "Innovative Shopping Outlet" award 2008 / 2009, from Tourism Malaysia on 9 January.
- The Lion-Parkson Foundation assisted four independent schools in Kuala Lumpur to organize a Chinese New Year Calligraphy Exhibition from 30 January to 1 February to raise funds for needy students in these schools.
- The Group Head Office moved to new premises at Office Tower, No 1, Jalan Nagasari off Jalan Raja Chulan in Kuala Lumpur, on 1st February.
- Likom De Mexico received an acknowledgement plaque from Elcotec PCE Mexicana, for its commitment and support to Elcoteq Juarez factory for the year 2009, on 22 February.
- Parkson opened four new outlets in China ; Shaoxing Parkson on 1 May, Sun Palace Parkson in Beijing on 3 September, Wuxi New District Parkson on 29 September and Hefei Parkson on 27 December, making a total of 47 Parkson stores in China todate.
- The Chairman of Lion-Parkson Foundation, Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng officiated the groundbreaking ceremony for a Home for Handicapped and Mentally Disabled Children in Banting Selangor on 30 September. The home will be built on a 4,017 acres land contributed by the Group.
- Ngyuen Hong Joint Stock Company, a joint-venture company between the Group's Parkland Saigon Ltd. Co. and the C&T Group organised the groundbreaking ceremony for MIKASA 15-storey luxury apartments on 13 October, in Vietnam.
- The Malaysia Steel Association for upstream steel producers was launched on 2 November with Tan Sri William Cheng as its President. Amsteel Mills, Antara Steel Mills and Megasteel are among the 9 founding members of the association.
- Parkson 1st Avenue in George Town, Penang opened on 18 November making it the 36th Parkson store in Malaysia.
- Parkson Bintang Megamall in Miri, Sarawak was reopend on 17 January 2009.
- Megasteel Sdn Bhd received the Smart Partnership Award (Customs-Private Sector Category) on 7 February 2009 for its cooperation with Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia in organising technical training and information sharing particularly on the steel industry for Customs personnel.
- The Chairman of Lion-Parkson Foundation, Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng staged a bellydance performance at the Million Dollar Dance Grand Finale Charity Show in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur on 8 February 2009. The Charity Show to raise funds to help build a centre for the handicapped and mentally disabled children has more than achieved its target of RM1 million with the Lion Group chipping in by donating a 4-acre piece of land in Selangor near Banting to build the centre.
- Parkson Gurney Plaza was awarded the "Best Customer Service 2008" award by CapitaLand, the management of Gurney Plaza Shopping Mall, under their Retail Hot Shop Award campaign.
- Changshu Lion Enterprise Co Ltd organised ground breaking ceremony for its D'Venice Residence Project in Changshu City, Jiangsu Province, China on 13 April.
- Parkson opened a new store in Square One Mall in Batu Pahat, Johor on 24 April.
- Parkson Corporation received 'Asia Pacific Super Exellent Brand' award.
- The Prime Minister's wife, YABhg Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor officiated the launch of Parkson Beijing's newly renovated Shoes & Leather Department on 4 June.
- The Group donated RM 10,000 to Typhoon Morakot Fund in aid of typhoon victims, handed over by Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng to HE Victor Tseng, Representative of Taipei Economic & Cultural Office in Malaysia.
- Parkson opened 2 new outlets; in Kota Bharu Trade Centre, Kelantan and in 1 Bornea, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on 15 and 17 August respectively.
- Akurjaya Sdn Bhd and Property Division Head Office moved to Wisma MCA in Jalan Ampang, and the Office Tower at Jalan Nagasari Off Jalan Raja Chulan respectively, in end September.
- Parkson opened two new stores one in Shijiazhuang, China and the other in Flemington Vietnam, both on 25 December 2009.
- Amsteel Mills Sdn Bhd in Klang hit a production record high of 78,903 MT in the month of January.
- Parkson Corporation opened its 2nd store in Kuching, Sarawak at The Spring Shopping Centre.
- Lion Blast Furnace Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Apex Gem Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lion Diversified Holdings Bhd signed an EPCC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning) contract with Wisdri Engineering & Research Incorporation Limited of China to undertake a 2.5 million ton Integrated Blast Furnace project.
- It also signed a similar contract with Beijing Shougang International Engineering Technology Co Ltd of China for a 2.2 million ton Coke Oven and 2.8 million ton Sinter Plant.
- Parkson opened its second store in Melaka at Melaka Mall; followed by a new store at East Coast Mall in Kuantan, Pahang; making it the 33rd outlet in Malaysia.
- Lion-ASM Foundation has changed its name to Lion-Parkson Foundation with effect from 29 September 2008.
- Parkson Shanghai Xinhuang in Minhang District, Shanghai was opened on 29 September 2008, making it the third store in Shanghai.
- Lion Blast Furnace signed an agreement with China City Environment Protection Engineering Limited Company to build a 60MW power plant for the Integrated Blast Furnace project.
- Vinashin Lion Steel Co. Ltd, a joint-venture company between the Group and Vinashin Group of Vietnam organised a groundbreaking ceremony of Ca Na Steel Complex in Ninh Thuan Province, Vietnam on 23 November 2008.
- Parkson merged fifth in Malaysia's Most Valuable Brands 2008, a valuation study commissioned by the 4As (the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Malaysia) and The Edge, and conducted by a leading brand consultancy, Interbrand.
- Parkson Pavilion emerged "Best Retailer of the Year 2008/09" in the Retail Service and Courtesy Standards of Excellence for 2008/09 programme organised by Malaysia Retailers Association. The store also won the "Top Department Store Award (Department Store Sub-Category)". Parkson Subang Parade and Parkson KLCC received Certificates of Merit in the Department Store Sub-Category.
- Zunyi Parkson, the fourth Parkson store in the Province of Guizhou in China was opened on 30 December 2008.
- Parkson Corporation opened its 2nd outlet in Vietnam, in Hai Phong City on 5 January 2007.
- Parkson Corporation launched 'Parkson Cares', a public service project to improve the quality of life for the community in areas of health and environment. Its fundraising from the sale of Fly Our Dreams album released by Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng, the wife of Lion Group Chairman & CEO, Tan Sri William Cheng was in aid of the Alzheimer's Disease Foundation Malaysia.
- Disposal of Sabah Forest Industries Sdn Bhd to Ballapur Industries Ltd., India.
- SIT Corporate Learning Centre Sdn Bhd changed name to CEDR Corporate Consulting Sdn Bhd, providing competency-based HRD solutions and systems.
- Divested SIT International College to Help Institute.
- Parkson opened its 2nd outlet in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam in June, making a total of 3 outlets in this country.
- Parkson opened its new store at Sunway Carnival Mall in Seberang Prai; it now has 30 stores in Malaysia.
- Signing of agreement between The Lion Group and Vinashin of Vietnam for steel mill project in Vietnam.
- In July, Parkson was ranked as one of the top 30 Malaysia's Most Valuable Brands by Interbrand and A4sww.
- Unveiling of Parkson's premium lifestyle concept store at the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur on 18 September 2007.
- Amalgamated Containers Berhad changed its name to Parkson Holdings Berhad effective 19 September 2007.
- Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club (TMGCC) adjudged the 16th best golf course in the country for 2005/06 in a poll organised by Golf Malaysia Magazine.
- Silverstone Berhad was one of the top 10 finalists for the National Awards for Management Accounting 2005 (NAfMA) organised by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Malaysia Division.
- Parkson Subang Parade reopened on 29 April 2006 after its month-long renovation and refurbishment.
- Silverstone Berhad awarded the 'Industry Excellence Award 2005' for Product Excellence from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) for its MicroBeta Silica Technology incorporated in Kruizer 1 NS500 pasenger tyres.
- Property Division signed an agreement with Eastern & Oriental Group (E&O) to jointly develop 5.28 acres of prime land in Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle on 16 June 2006.
- Relaunch of Parkson Suria KLCC showcased high fashion and stylish living with an array of international brand names and designer wear.
- Amsteel Mills Sdn Bhd signed a Shareholders Agreement with Sembawang Kimtrans Ltd of Singapore to jointly operate an Inland Waterway Transportation System (WITS) to be operated by a joint-venture company, Lion-Kimtrans Logistics Sdn Bhd.
- The RM 35 million bridge over Sungai Langat in Banting, Selangor, constructed by the Group, was opened to motorists and other users in end May.
- Minister of International Trade & Industry, Dato' Seri Rafidah Aziz visited Megasteel Sdn Bhd in Banting on 19 June 2006.
- Century Mahkota Hotel Melaka is known as Mahkota Hotel Melaka effective 1 July 2006.
- Lion Motor Sdn Bhd launched Tuah Power Truck EQ1032TL-M, designed with spacious interior, ergometric seating and dashboard to enhance comfort for both driver and passenger.
- Group Chairman and CEO, Tan Sri William Cheng was named 'Property Man of the Year' by the International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) Malaysia at its 14th Malaysia Property Award gala dinner on 4 September 2006.
- Parkson Corporation Sdn Bhd presented the 'Parkson Charity Music Festival 2006', organised by Puan Sri Chelsia Cheng in aid of Kuen Cheng School Redevelopment Fund and Lion-ASM Foundation on 29 October 2006 at Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil.
- Megasteel Sdn Bhd achieved a record for highest daily production of 8,972 MT of hot rolled coils (HRC) on 5 August 2006.
- Silverstone made headway into the Chinese market with its competition tyres used by China's formula one racing car.
- Lion Motor launched Tuah Powertrucks through joint-technical efforts with Dong Feng Automobile Co Ltd and Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co Ltd of China.
- Parkson Corporation's flagship store, Parkson Suria KLCC was awarded the KLCC Retail Award of Excellence 2005/2005 while U Parkson at One Utama was voted the Most Popular Retailer.
- Silverstone Berhad launched its all new Evol 8 range of High Performance Tyres using the CompoTrac technology, a breakthrough in supergrip performance even in wet conditions, and the Synergy M3 that saves on fuel by optimizing the radial and lateral compression of the tyre structure during vulcanization process and lowering rolling resistance.
- Transferred HBI manufacturing operations in Labuan from Amsteel Mills to Antara Steel Mills.
- Parkson Corporation opened its new Parkson Grand store at Alamanda, Putrajaya.
- Posim Petroleum Marketing Sdn Bhd achieved a major milestone in the local automotive lubricant industry by being the first company to launch the latest API SM grade lubricant.
- Parkson Corporation opened its first outlet, Parkson Saigontourist Plaza in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
- Secom (M) launched its DX-I Control panels with new and improved security features.
- Parkson China, through Parkson Retail Group Limited successfully made its debut listing on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong on 30 November 2005.
- Wisma Lion, the new headquarters for the Steel Division was opened by YAB Dato' Seri Dr Mohamad Khir Toyo, Menteri Besar of Selangor on behalf of YAB Dato' Seri Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi, the Prime Minister of Malaysia on 6 September 2005. The Prime Minister visited Wisma Lion and the Group's Steel Complex on 19 December 2005.
- Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club and Century Mahkota Hotel emerged winners in the 'Best Sports Tourism Sub-Sector' and 'Best 4-Star Hotel Sector' respectively in the inaugural Melaka State Annual Tourism Awards.
- The Group celebrated its 75th Anniversary with a Charity Gala Dinner graced by the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak and his wife YABhg Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor on 12 December 2005, and an Appreciation Dinner on 13 December 2005. At the two dinners, a total of RM12.205 million was donated to charity.
- The Group's Property Division launched two service suite development projects in December 2005; One Residency in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city and Saujana Residency in Subang Jaya.
- Parkson Corporation received the National Creativity & Innovation Award from the Malaysian Design Technology Centre for its creativity and innovation in product development and promotion.
- Silverstone Berhad introduced its all new passenger car tyre, Kruizer 1, developed from the most demanding test grounds around the world, using the technical breakthrough Micro-Beta Silica Technology.
- Lion Diversified Holdings completed the sale of its equity interest in the brewery business in China to Interbrew SA, Belgium, the world's largest brewer.
- Parkson Corporation opened its first management store, Parkson Ria at South City Plaza, Seri Kembangan, Selangor.
- Megasteel achieved a record 160,000 MT of production output in May 2004.
- Parkson Corporation officially opened the refurbished former Aktif Lifestyle store renamed Parkson Grand The Mall in Kuala Lumpur.
- Megasteel signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Baotao Iron & Steel Co Ltd under Baogang Group of China to maintain cooperation and improve competitiveness in various fields particularly in the steel industry.
- The N-series high security safe by Lion Steelworks received the Certificate of Product Conformity from the Loss Prevention Certification Board and Factory Production Control certification from BRE Certification Limited, both in United Kingdom.
- Parkson Corporation opened its 30th store at Selayang Mall in Selayang, Selangor.
- Silverstone Berhad became the first local tyre manufacturer to receive the ISO/TS 16949 : 2002 standard for quality management system by BVQI, an international certification body based in United Kingdom.
- Lion Motor launched the Pahlawan LM228 light truck in collaboration with Dong Feng Automobile Co Ltd of China, with Lion Motor given the exclusive rights to assemble, market and distribute the Pahlawan LM228 in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Ceemax Technology launched the 17" LCD Monitor TV.
- Change of company names; Chocolate Products (M) Bhd to Lion Diversified Holdings Berhad, Lion Land Berhad to Lion Industries Corporation Berhad, Angkasa Marketing Berhad to Silverstone Corporation Berhad, Posim Berhad to Lion Forest Industries Berhad to better reflect the activities of the Group's PLCs.
- The Group completed its Groupwide Restructuring Scheme (GWRS) comprising a debt and corporate restructuring exercise for the four PLCs concerned; Lion Corporation Berhad, Lion Industries Corporation Berhad, Amsteel Corporation Berhad and Silverstone Corporation Berhad.
- Parkson Corporation opened its 11th Parkson Ria store at Wisma Etonic in Rawang, Selangor.
- The Group's Property Division attained ISO 9001:2000 certification for Property Development from AJA EQS Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- Megasteel received Sirim Quality Certifications for its Hot Rolled Steel Coil, Hot Rolled Mild Steel Coil and Hot Rolled Carbon Steel Coil.
- Parkson acquired all five Aktif Lifestyle Stores from Aktif Lifestyle Corporation Berhad which continued operations under the name of Parkson Aktif.
- Posim Petroleum Marketing unveiled its new generation of the maintenance-free passenger car battery; Hi-Rev Calcium : Calcium Battery.
- Lion Steelworks was awarded MS ISO 9001:2000 Quality System certification by Sirim.
- Commissioning of the Electric Arc Furnace to produce molten steel by Amsteel Mills at its steel making plant in Banting, Selangor.
- Opening of U Parkson at Bandar Utama, representing the newest tier of department store offering a huge variety of branded items.
- Silverstone Berhad attained MITI Industry Excellence Awards for its all steel radial truck and bus tyre.
- Kinabalu Motor Assembly was awarded ISO 9002:1994 Certification by SIRIM QAS for its Quality System.
- Lion Suzuki Marketing introduced the VR125 scooter, a new scooter sensation.
- Silverstone Berhad promotes single-seater racing with its participation in Formula Malaysia.
- Endorsement of Silverstone as a Malaysian Superbrand by Malaysia Superbrands Council.
- Silverstone achieved ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) standard.
- Official opening of Secom (M)'s Headquarters at Shah Alam Selangor.
- PT Lion Metalworks Tbk achieved the upgraded ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- Opening of two new Parkson stores in Penang, at Gurney Plaza and Prangin Mall.
- Ceemax Technology Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Likom Technology) received OHSAS 18001 : 1999 Certification by SIRIM QAS.
- Launching of Sabah Forest Industries' arboretum at Mendulong nursery for cultivating its planted tree species.
- Amsteel Mills' expansion project in Banting, Selangor commenced operation with a rolling mill producing special grade bars and rods.
- Sabah Forest Industries' paper manufacturing operations received ISO 9002 certifications for its Quality Assurance System.
- Silverstone Berhad received MITI Award for "Innovative Product Development of a Malaysian Brand Name".
- Announcement of Groupwide Restructuring Scheme (GWRS) involving debt and corporate restructuring.
- Amsteel Mills entered into a joint venture project with Chuan Huat Hardware Holdings to undertake pre -cut and bend steel bars for construction under CH-Lion Reinforcing Steel.
- Official opening of Megasteel in Banting by the Prime Minister, YAB Dato Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
- Acquired Chocolate Products (Malaysia) Berhad, now known as Lion Diversified Holdings Berhad.
- Developed Industrial Parks in Shah Alam and Melaka.
- Listed PT Lionmesh Prima on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
- Started operations of Secom (Malaysia) , offering a new concept in security services.
- Listed Angkasa Marketing Berhad, now known as Silverstone Corporation Berhad on the Main Board of the KLSE.
- Acquired Klang Securities, which was later changed its name to Amsteel Securities, a stockbroking member of the KLSE.
- Acquired and relisted Supreme Corporation Berhad under the new name of Lion Land Berhad, now known as Lion Industries Corporation Berhad on the Main Board of the KLSE.
- Invested in Steel Industry Sarawak which operates a rolling mill for steel bars in Kuching, Sarawak.
- Listed Posim Berhad, now known as Lion Forest Industries Berhad on the Second Board of the KLSE.
- Acquired Sabah Gas Industries, now known as Antara Steel Mills, a company which manufactures Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI) in Labuan.
- Diversified into the manufacturing and assembling of computer parts and peripherals with the setting up of six factories under Likom Group in Melaka Technology Park.
- Listed Amalgamated Containers Berhad on the Main Board of the KLSE.
- Acquired Kinabalu Motor Assembly, a company assembling and distributing the Isuzu range of motor vehicles in East Malaysia.
- Ventured into the factoring business with the acquisition of Heller Factoring (Malaysia).
- Ventured into the foodstuff , confectionery and pharmaceuticals businesses in China.
- Listed PT Lion Metal Works on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
- Acquired Lion Asia Limited (formerly known as Walsin International Holdings Limited), a public company listed on The Hong Kong Stock Exchange, involved in property and investment.
- Ventured into tyre manufacturing business in China.
- Started retail operations in China with the opening of first Parkson Department Store in Beijing in 1994, followed by subsequent openings of many more stores in other cities ad towns.
- Entered into joint-ventures to assemble motorcycles, mini vans and light trucks and produce components such as meters and carburettors in China.
- Launched Tiara Melaka Golf & Country Club in Melaka which incorporates country living with bungalow lots and resort condominiums.
- Official opening of Menara Lion, now known as Menara Citibank, a 50-storey office tower with a net lettable area of 750,000 sq. ft. built by the Group's Property and Construction Division.
- Entered the private education sector with the acquisition of Sepang Institute of Technology now known as SIT International College, offering twinning programmes with universities in Australia, United Kingdom and United States of America.
- Acquired equity interests in several joint-venture breweries in China.
- Successfully privatised Sabah Forest Industries from the Sabah State Government.
- Established the Lion Group Medical Assistance Fund to provide financial assistance to needy Malaysians in conjunction with the Group's 65th anniversary in 1995.
- Completion of restructuring and re-listing of Lion Asiapac Limited (formerly known as Metal Containers Limited) on the Singapore Stock Exchange
- Commenced installation of Megasteel, Malaysia's first flat steel mill and a new steel mill, Amsteel II producing special grade steel bars and wire rods in Banting, Selangor.
- Entered into a joint venture with Messer Griesheim GmbH of Germany to form Secomex Manufacturing (M) to produce industrial gases in Selangor.
- Ventured into the hospitality industry with the opening of Century Mahkota Hotel in Melaka.
- Listed Shamrock Technology Co. Ltd, a leading PC monitor manufacturer in Taiwan on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Set up stockbroking subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and representative offices in London and Bangkok.
- Completion of restructuring and re-listing of Lion Teck Chiang Limited (formerly known as Malaysia Feedmills Limited) on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Co-organised the Silverstone TransAfrica 4x4 Expedition, traversing 12 countries from Cape of Good Hope to the Mediterranean Sea covering 17,000km.
- Lion Plastic Industries achieved the ISO 14001 Environmental Award, the first in The Lion Group.
- Opened Parkson's flagship store at Suria KLCC.
- Silverstone Berhad won the MITI Product Excellence Award for its special MT117 4x4 vehicle tyre.
- Commissioning of plywood mill in Sabah Forest Industries' Integrated Timber Complex.
- Official opening of Vitarite Pharmaceuticals Factory in Cheng Industrial Estate, Melaka.
- Accreditation of Antara Mills' Hot Briquetted Iron laboratory under Skim Akreditasi Makmal Malaysia (SAMM) based on ISO/IEC Guide 25, an internationally accepted accreditation.
- Listed Zhejiang Qianjiang Motorcycle Ltd on Shenzhen Stock Exchange in China.
- Lion Plastic Industries was awarded the Enterprise 50 Award sanctioned by Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- Hot Commissioning of Megasteel, the first and only integrated flat steel mill in Malaysia.
- Ventured into property development in Malaysia with the building of residential homes.
- Amsteel commissioned its steel meltshop with the installation of a 70-tonne Electric Arc Furnace.
- Lion Corporation Berhad was listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) and Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Amsteel was listed on the KLSE and the Singapore Stock Exchange as Amalgamated Steel Mills Berhad.
- Ventured into finance with the acquisition of Asia Commercial Finance (M) Berhad.
- Bought Suzuki Assemblers Malaysia which manufactures motorcycles under the Suzuki franchise and set up Lion Suzuki Marketing to market Suzuki motorcycles.
- Bought the company which held the franchise for Suzuki vans and 4-Wheel Drives and changed the name to Lion Suzuki Motor.
- Acquired the manufacturing and marketing of Fichet-Bauche security-related products for the Asia Pacific region.
- Established the Parkson retail chain.
- Expanded into tyre manufacturing by setting up Silverstone Tire & Rubber Co., now known as Silverstone Berhad.
- Ventured into computer manufacturing through Microsystem Computers.
- Expanded into dry cargo containers manufacturing and set up Amalgamated Containers.
- Established the Lion-ASM Foundation to provide funds for education, scientific and charitable purposes; and award scholarships and educational loans to undergraduates.
- Lion (Teck Chiang) was incorporated in Malaysia to manufacture rubber compound and steel office furniture.
- Invested in Indonesia through PT Lion Metal Works manufacturing steel office furniture.
- Completion of the first block of Teck Chiang Realty Industrial Building in Singapore.
- PT Lion Superior Electrodes was set up to produce welding electrodes in Indonesia.
- Bright Steel commenced operations producing cold finished steel bar.
- Formation of Amalgamated Steel Mills, now known as Amsteel Corporation Berhad, the Group's initial investment in the steel-making business in Malaysia.
- Lion Plantations, involved in cocoa plantations in Sabah, was formed.
- Amsteel's marketing arms were set up - Angkasa Marketing, now known as Amsteel Mills Marketing, in Malaysia and Angkasa Marketing (S) Pte Ltd in Singapore.
- Established brown and rock sugar factory in Malaya.
- Formation of Lion Metal Manufacturing producing steel angles, racks and shelvings.
- Established Tuck Heng Manufactory Ltd in Singapore manufacturing steel office furniture, military beds and steel fabricated products.
- Activities expanded to Malaya with the establishment of a rubber compound manufacturing plant and the assembly of CKD office furniture.
- Established Teck Chiang Manufactory Ltd in Singapore specialising in foundry works (cast iron works), smelting scrap cast iron and exporting cooking pans and works to Indonesia, Malaya, Brunei, Borneo, Thailand and Burma.
- Established brown and rock sugar factory in Singapore.
- Trading and manufacturing activities began with sweets and confectionery products in Hong Kong and sugar-related products in Vietnam.
- Expanded trading activities to Singapore.